Wednesday 30 December 2015

My Highlights of 2015

As 2015 is drawing to a close, I have been reflecting on this year's highs and lows. It has been a whirlwind of a year; finishing secondary school and starting college. Overall, 2015 has given me some great memories and helped me grow as a person. Here are a few memories that I have cherished this year.


The first shopping trip of the year with my friends: I really enjoyed this day. My friends and I planned a day out in order to buy stuff in the sales. The funny things is that we didn't actually buy as much as we thought we would. We wandered around town and looked at graduation dresses. It is a small memory but I look back on it fondly.

My 17th Birthday: my birthday was quite low key as I don't enjoy big parties or big crowds. My friends and I ordered Chineese, drank way too much Schlor and watched the Great Gatsby. It was a night full of laughs and it was probably my favourite birthday so far. My birthday is coming up very soon so let's see what 2016 has to offer! 

St Patrick's Day: this was just a day of my friends and I frolicking around my town watching a very low key parade. We always have this tradition of sitting in my friend's garden, ordering a pizza and having a laugh. I remember playing with the selfie stick pulling the funniest faces we could. It was absolutely freezing but we didn't care, we still sat outside. We sat out for as long as we could but we eventually had to go in as the next day was a school day. I really hope this tradition can be kept up. 

Completing my Leaving Certificate: last year was jam packed with study and thinking about the Leaving Certificate. When I completed my final exam, I was on cloud nine. After the high anticipation and the hype my teachers set, I had finally completed the Leaving Cert. It was an amazing feeling.

An airshow and a trip to the folkpark: my Mom and I booked tickets to an airshow that occurred in my town during the summer. It was lovely to see the effort my town put into the air display. There were lots of planes, food stalls and carnival rides: something for everyone in the family. It was an enjoyable day. The ticket included a free trip to Bunratty folkpark and we decided to take the opportunity to go te following day. The queue for the actual castle was crazy but we wandered around the old fashioned houses and we even managed to see some Irish red deer! We then treated ourselves to Apple pie and tea. It was another great day out and overall a great weekend. It was enjoyable to spend some quality time with my Mom.

Ed Sheeran Concert: I have a whole blog post on this particular memory. It was the best concert I have ever been to. If you want to read this memory, you should definitely go check out that blog post.

Leaving Cert Results Day: I was so nervous waiting for these results. I opened the envelope, scanned quickly and realised I got, more or less, the grades that I wanted. I ran out to my Mom and the first thing I said to her was 'I DIDN'T FAIL MATHS'. I found that maths exam so hard and that was the one I worried about the most. My parents were both so proud of me and that was an amazing feeling. I calculated my points and I got more than what I needed. I didn't need to worry anymore and that was such a relief. My friends had also got what they needed and that was amazing as we were all able to celebrate together. We got dinner together and it was such a lovely evening. We were all in good spirits and we took a photo that I still need to frame. The night ended in stargazing with my Mom as the sky was so clear that night and the stars were out. My brother and my Dad didn't have much patience and went in after a few minutes. It was the ultimate results night.

My Debs: the day before I had my college place in the bag and so did my friends. I was ready to celebrate. My cousin did my makeup and hair. I wore the most beautiful red lace dress. Everyone was admiring me and it felt quite strange but good strange. I was able to talk with the people that I spent five years with, finding out what courses they were doing. Everyone was in a great mood and it was a good night. 

Those are the memories that stick out the most in my mind. I have so many little memories from this year but if I had a whole blog post on that, I am afraid it will be extremely long. I hope you enjoyed having that little peak into my 2015.

 What are your fondest memories of 2015? 

I am wishing you all a very happy new year. I hope 2016 brings on good memories and lots of blog posts!

All the best,

 


1 comment: