Monday 7 December 2015

A Day Trip | Galway

Hello! I hope you are having a good day so far. I was in Galway on two occasions last week - on Tuesday and on Friday. Tuesday's trip was very brief but I still enjoyed it a lot. However, seeing as I got more accomplished on Friday's trip, I wanted to do a post on that trip.


I headed off to Galway at around ten o'clock that morning with my Mom and my Granny. The drive up wasn't as tedious as I thought it was going to be. It was an hour and a bit. It went very quickly due to the stories my Granny and Mom were telling me from when my Mom was a child. It kept me very entertained.

When we arrived, we parked in a very strange car park. We circled around the car park three times before we realised level 2 was actually lower rather than higher, like most car parks. After all of that confusion and laughter, we eventually got parked and we were ready to do our shopping.

We were walking along the main streets until the weather started to deteriorate all thanks to Storm Desmond beginning to brew up. We decided it would be best to spend the rest of our time in the shopping malls, which didn't bother us at all. I really wanted to get some nice pictures of the streets, as Galway is so pretty during the Christmas season. I did manage to get an artsy picture or two on Tuesday.





I was mainly on the prowl for a cape. I have been wanting one for so long but I have been too scared to buy one as I suck when it comes to fashion risks. I tried one on in A-Look and although it was nice, because I am small, my Mom felt that completely swamped me. I decided to take a chance and go into Pennys ( Primark ). The Pennys in Galway is massive. After getting lost in there, I finally found a cape that I really liked. Once I tried it on I knew that I had to buy it. It is maroon and navy, and it is reversable. Personally, I rather the maroon side but both are lovely. I absolutely love the fringe detailing at the bottom. It was a great buy and it only cost €13. I am dying to wear it but I decided that I should keep it for my Christmas outfit.



I also purchased the softest pair of jeans from Vero Moda. I also got myself a new notebook from T.K Maxx on Tuesday's trip. Isn't it so cute? 



Once we all got what we needed, we decided to take a break and get a Whopper meal from Burger King. It was so enjoyable. My Granny and Mom picked up a few more things after our meal. We decided at two o'clock it would be best to leave Galway as the weather was continuing to get worse. 

Despite the weather, we had a great day and we all got the things we wanted. It was definitely a success.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Thank you for reading this. I hope you all have a great day.









No comments:

Post a Comment