Sunday 8 November 2015

• Winter ❄️ || Why it is my favourite season •


Winter. It is by far my favourite season.
That sensation of the cool, crisp air blowing in your face making the colour of your cheeks turn a light, rosy tone. The cosy feeling of wearing a big jacket along with other layers underneath. The fog being visible as you take a breath. The feeling of warmth as you hold a hot mug in between your hands, savouring the heat of your tea or any other hot drink.

Sure, the wind and rain may make you feel miserable when being out in it, but once you are home with the warmth of a fire going, you suddenly forget that it is awful outside. Once you go to bed, all tucked up and hear the wind and rain patter against the window, you smile to yourself knowing that you are cosy and warm.

The atmosphere of joy and delight amongst the busy streets as people prepare for the holiday season. Busy shoppers, Christmas lights and happy faces. Seeing the festive colours everywhere. That Christmas spirit is clearly visible throughout and it is truly magical.

The best part, however, is the time that is spent with family. Saturday night television, Christmas films and talking about your day. All sat together whilst the fire is on. Having a laugh and smiling.

That is why I love the winter season.

___________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this very different post I put together. To me, this is what winter is all about. It makes me feel calm and relaxed, even though it is such a busy time of year. Thank you for reading my blog.


7 comments:

  1. I'm very much into the Christmas spirit too! I love this time of year :) thank you for your comment! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite season is Autumn because I love drinking hot chocolate and watching hocus pocus whilst being wrapped up with a blanket. I love Apple Crumble at that time of year. I have done a blog post about it on my new blog. I've just started blogging.
    Winter is pretty cool too! My birthday is in December and I've always fancied learning how to ice-skate.
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Autumn too! I love the months from October to January. I just love the cosy atmosphere. I will be sure to check out your blog and best of luck with it! Having your own platform to write is amazing :) x

      Delete
  3. i actually hate winter haha but i do like the holidays. your writing is nice :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be everyone's favourite season haha! Aw thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I like the cosiness of Winter, but I really don't like the season as a whole - it's way too cold for me!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be everyone's favourite season! Yeah I agree that it's very cold! I'm currently wrapped in a blanket as we speak. I find the cold very satisfying though :)

      Delete